22 April 2012

Lost In Thought

I’m still having trouble wrapping my head around the ending to Mass Effect 3. Since my last post I’ve made zero progress in articulating my feelings regarding it. So I’m just going to come out and say it, and if it results in an eventually mega-post, so be it.

The ending to Mass Effect 3 was awful.

I mean REALLY awful.

So awful in fact that not only does it ruin the game, it ruins the whole series. I see what they were trying to do from a literary standpoint, but the result is a mass failure. It almost feels like they were rushed, or that they didn’t have an ending in mind when they started Shepard’s story.

I’ll probably get one more post out of this before I move on with my life.

At least the multiplayer portion of the game is entertaining.

Happy Halloween!