29 September 2011

October’s Video Game Challenge: A Challenger Approaches!

For my inaugural challenge, I have decided to not only focus on a single game, but also on a theme. Seeing as its October, what could be a better topic than Horror and Halloween.

Without further ado, let me introduce to you our first challenger:

Eternal_Darkness_box

  • Title: Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem
  • Developer: Silicon Knights
  • Publisher: Nintendo
  • Original Release Date: 23 June 2002
  • Genre: Horror

Starting 1 October 2011, I will play Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem for the GameCube for the first time. I will be posting my initial impressions sometime this weekend, and will follow up with a status report every Tuesday and Thursday showcasing my progress in and my thoughts on the game.

In addition to this, if I should beat the game prior to the 31st, I will follow up with other horror/Halloween centric games, and try to complete as many as possible before my 31 October 2011 deadline. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, on that date I will attempt to play the entirety of Costume Quest (XBLA) in one sitting. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to record this playthrough since I don’t have the proper equipment, but I will post throughout the day, and somehow provide some other content.

I know I’m looking forward to this, and I hope you are too. Tune in soon for more!

Happy Halloween!