22 November 2011

All Alone On The Internet

So I do enjoy my time on this blog, even if it doesn’t seem like it. As you could probably guess, I don’t have anyone reading this but myself. Its nice that way. This is supposed to be practice, a means to get myself writing something, and doing something each day, even if its just posting a stupid photo, or writing something of little to no consequence.

Recently, I’ve been looking over my Blogger stats and see all these different websites popping up. For a moment I was surprised. Did I have an audience? Were people reading my daily musings? When this moment passed I started researching the referring sites. Apparently I’m receiving something called “referred spam” in which a nefarious site (most of which seem to be hosted out of Russia) attempts to get me to click on their link to find out who they are to either increase their page views, install malware/viruses, or to just promote their own site. Apparently, there is nothing that I can do about this, so I’ll just be ignoring these sites. That said, its pretty annoying, and I don’t like it.

Now I can go back to being alone here, writing for me and nobody else. Maybe one day I’ll actually do something that draws someone to my blog of their own accord, something they will enjoy. I’m in no rush, I don’t care. Just me, my laptop, and my thoughts. Oh, and my dog, I can’t be forgetting him (especially when he’s trying to drag me away from my computer to feed him, early I might add).

Happy Halloween!